Egg Laden

This is a general chat room to discuss health problems with your pigeons

Moderator: flyer

Egg Laden

Postby tara » Sun May 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi can anyone help me out there please? I have been feeding an ex racing pigeon on my apt balcony the last 2 yrs, she seems to be egg laden, she has a nate and nest and has been sitting on it last 2 days but no egg - she is quite old and very big for a female pigeon. Her stomach is kind of hanging down a bit and looks a bit swollen but she is eating, breathing properly and is able to fly. However, there is no sign of this egg coming out and I've heard this is dangerous and life threatening, I have given her some crushed egg shells to aid calcium and some shop bought grit but she won't eat either. Is there anything I can do to help her as I do not want her to die on me. Am not sure if I can catch her as I have purposely not tamed her too much as the people are very cruel to pigeons and animals in the apt block where I live and they would harm her if she were too tame. Any advice anyone please? Thanks very much. Tara
tara

Re: Egg Laden

Postby paul » Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 pm

hi tara,just looked it up on the web and fond this post hope it helps you.http://www.pigeonracingpigeon.com/menu/eggbound/ let me know how things go for you :)
paul

Return to Health Problems